First Presbyterian Church of Manhattan organizes itself in such a way as to meet the Six Great Ends of the Church put forth in our Book of Order’s Foundations of Presbyterian Polity. The Six Great Ends of the Church are as follows:
- The proclamation of the Gospel for the salvation of humankind;
- The shelter, nurture, and spiritual fellowship of the children of God;
- The maintenance of divine worship;
- The preservation of the truth;
- The promotion of social righteousness;
- The exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the world.