The Session of First Presbyterian Church consists of the pastors and the elders in active service and meets each month. All members of the session, including the pastor, have a voice in making decisions that shape the church’s direction and witness. The session is responsible for the mission, direction, and spiritual leadership of the church. Their primary role is as follows:
- To provide for the Word of God to be truly preached and heard.
- To provide for the proper administration and reception of the two Sacraments – Communion and Baptism.
- To nurture the covenant community of disciples of Christ.
- To govern and guide the congregation as a faithful witness to the activity of God in the world.
The members of Session participate in all areas of the church life, and lead the following committees:
- Christian Education for Adults
- Christian Education for Children and Youth
- Business Affairs & Grounds
- Membership & Fellowship
Our Session Members include:
|Class of 2016||Class of 2017||Class of 2018|
|Lee Borck||Tom Barth||Mark Janssen|
|Maxine Coffey||Mary Lawrence Currie||Amy Matthews|
|Bill Fortney||Richard Jensen||Valerie McGhee|
|Carolyn Cayo||Bruce McMillan||Robin Smith|
|Shirley Moherman||Palmer Meek||Rosalie Thompson|
|Kendra Rock Breiner||Jill Myers||Terry Voos|
|Keith Vogts||Amy Paquette||Jim Weaver|