The Session of First Presbyterian Church consists of the pastors and the elders in active service and meets each month. All members of the session, including the pastor, have a voice in making decisions that shape the church’s direction and witness. The session is responsible for the mission, direction, and spiritual leadership of the church. Their primary role is as follows:
- To provide for the Word of God to be truly preached and heard.
- To provide for the proper administration and reception of the two Sacraments – Communion and Baptism.
- To nurture the covenant community of disciples of Christ.
- To govern and guide the congregation as a faithful witness to the activity of God in the world.
The members of Session participate in all areas of the church life, and lead the following committees:
- Christian Education for Adults
- Christian Education for Children and Youth
- Business Affairs & Grounds
- Membership & Fellowship
Our Session Members include:
|Class of 2018||Class of 2019||Class of 2020|
|Brent Benkelman||Adam Bowen||Amy Paquette|
|Mark Janssen||Eloise Brown||Shelley Norris|
|Amy Matthews||Maxine Coffey||Craig Kershner|
|Robin Mall||Wayne Converse||Bronwyn Fees|
|Rosalie Thompson||Paul Dittmar||Joan Burton|
|Jim Weaver||Marilyn Galle||Fred Borck|
|Terry Voos||Frank Laubhan||David Beardsley|